Thursday, April 8, 2010

Unadilla , Ga & Yemassee , Sc

28 march and we are heading the the great north ......little by little .....We stopped at our " home camp " Southern Trails RV Resort " in Unadilla , Ga. for four days R&R.....we actually did nothing ....nothing at all ..........I have no pictures to post or stories to tell .....we did nothing .......We ate ....watched TV......Sharon read....I ate ...... and found time to nap ......I guess I was tired from all the nothing......I hope I didn't disappoint to many of you ....but it was sort of a nice change too.......

THEN ...we went to the next stop at " Oaks at Point South " in the town of Yemassee , SC. don't ask me to pronounce it .......its just off of I-95 and one of our " in system " resort we get to stay at for only $10.00 a day.........its a nice resort with large mature trees and all hook ups.......











On Friday and Saturdays , Rays BBQ comes in and sells dinners for $7.50.......a nice guy and great BBQ too....we took time to go to his store and he posed for a picture with me ......

Sharon and I went for our : turn here, turn there ride , we like to go on .....not planned just drive and we usually find some neat place to see....then we use the GPS we so far have found our way back to camp.......
Here are ruins of a church that had its problems over the years :













We also found these old houses that were homes for someone along time ago......and next to or behind new houses where the people live now....I liked how somebody thought not to burn down or demolish them ....if only they could talk and tell their stories......










That's all We have for now on the 6 of April we got our awning repaired at a Camping World and then headed to Longs , SC. 10 minutes outside of Myrtle Beach for the RVDREAMS.COM Rally .... its the web site that helped to plan our fulltime lifestyle , I'm looking forward to meet Linda and Howard the owners and writers of the site ........
Sharon is here and looking to getting back to our summer home at Green Harbor Campground .......

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to you two coming home....It sure has been so enjoyable "traveling" with you on your first of what I hope are as many adventures as you desire to take.....Drive safely and hurry home, but ONLY if you can bring the good weather...if you can only bring your winter, Florida weather....I'll have to ask you to wait till next summer....LOL, Love, Earl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you guys!! Kaylee can't wait either. She is getting big and has 2 teeth coming in.. Drive safely and we will see you in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK now let me try a post on here...(Pami)
    So I simply wanted to say that I love the pics of the ole houses!!! They remind me of the ole disney movie, "Song of the South"! I want to burst into a robust round of, "Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder, it's the truth, it's actual, everything is satisfactual. Zippity doo dah, zippity aye, wonderful feeling, wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got off the train at Yemassee on my way to Parris Island in September 1963. Later when Dean and I got married we lived up the road in Yemassee. The current mayors wife's family ran a little restaurant and motel in town. The mayor was also a Marine. One of our great disappointments was that we saw an antique bedroom suite in a store across the tracks at the train station. It was from an old plantation and was going to be sent north if we didn't buy it. Unfortunately newly wed Marines don't have any cash and in those days there wasn't any credit cards.

    There used to be a sign on a road through those South Carolina swamps that read - Danger things crossing.

    ReplyDelete