Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas In Clearwater Fla

Sharon and I arrived here on the 15 of December.........The weather was just what we needed......Our days up until now were good and temps better than those in Rochester N.Y. but we wanted ..NO we needed better temperatures .....
Well so far its been much more pleasent here ......... We've been able to sit outside and read or nap as I like to call it.........


The site we have is one of the bigger ones and its so far been quite and peaceful.....
we've gone on walks and rode our bikes on the trails here also ......


Nice view for Sharon huh ?

Well my folks lived in the area for around 10 years or so......and during that time when my Mom was very ill with cancer the Navy reasigned me to work in   St Pete so I could help out ....I was here over a year living with them ........
I wanted to show Sharon where they lived and in our first days here we drove to the mobile home park to see the old home .......Well :::::::


   It was gone !!!!!    I was sad and upset for a time , but what the hell nothing lasts forever and I have my memories some good - some bad , but mostly good !!!!!   My moms sister , my Aunt Dolly and Uncle Ozzie lived here too and their place is still there .......
          
                    Well , one of my moms brothers and my " God Father " Uncle Art and his wife Mary live close by ...we had Chirstmas dinner with them and Marys son Bill and his girlfriend Jackie from N.Y. were here too......Oh my Uncle Art should be a much heavier guy with Marys cooking ......sooooo good .........   She made  Turkey , Ham , homemade cranberry Sauce ,  Mashed and  Sweet potato , Dressing , corn and a pinapple frozen salad that as they say was to die for !!!!!!  Thankyou  Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder where we'll be at Easter time ? uuummmmm
                  We've been here 10 days and spent alot of time with U. Art and Mary.......Art belongs to the " Knights of Columbus " and marched in a Chirstmas parade ......80 years old and very handsome and strong he is ...walked the whole thing ....here's some shots :




Thats Mary driving their Friends T-Bird and Uncle Art on the left waving ...

        And some other neat stuff in the parade .... a parade in Decenber who would of thought .....



   It was fun and sunny , beautiful day




Oh ... I promised Monty our ( not really ours but Sharons) cockapoo He could get in the blog and say Merry Christmas to you all !!!!!!!




I told you earlier about my folks living here years ago ....well Mom died of cancer  on 26 December 1981  , here in Clearwater Fla. , she wanted and was cremated and as soon as my brother Earl and sister Janice came down , we all with Dad spread her ashes at a park that she enjoyed going to ...Its called Anderson Park.... so today 28 years later ,  Uncle Art  , Sharon and I went to the park to remember her and tell her we miss her and love her ...............It was nice ..........


Well we ended today at a BIG fleamarket its in Oldsmar , Fl and had everything from A to Z ....lots of stuff .......I think we'll go back tomarrow ......



So ,  thats about it ....we're still here for the next two weeks and then head south and will meet up with our friends  Jim and Shirley Perry ......so until my next blog I leave you with a couple pictures sent to me the last few days......


Hopeing you all had a good Chistmas and as I always end my blog ....For my Green Harbor friends ......Sharon is still here !!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Paul and Sharon . . . Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog was just wonderful, Paul. Love the pictures and absolutely loved reading Mary's Christmas dinner menu! Yum! Continue to have a wonderful winter adventure. Yea, Sharon, glad you're still there! ;o) Enjoy every minute. Stay well and stay safe. Love you guys! Cathy and Vinny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm remembering and enjoying your adventure as my own... Keep the memories and adventures coming...
    Love you both....E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys, so nice to read and look at the pictures you post. Keep them coming. Paul, so nice for you to spend time with your godfather. Did you enjoy the time with Dan yesterday? Sounds like he showed you a few great parks to go biking in. Keep up the good work with the blog and stay safe and healthy...miss you both...and puppies too! Love, JMELT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys- Great blog, Are looking forward to meeting you i Fl in 2 wks or so. Keep enjoying and keep the weather warm. Jim & Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Guys: Glad to hear you're enjoying yourselves, and that you spent some time with U. Art. I'm glad you were able to go to Anderson Park. That's a special place, isn't it?
    Have a terrific New Year.
    - Ken

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no doubt you both were missed at Christmas~ the number of people I can have fun "harrassing" is dwindling-lol.

    Mya loved the pic of Monte-bo-bonty in his reindeer antlers!

    nice job on the blog btw~ isnt technology great!

    ReplyDelete